CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
Reviewed on 12.05.2017
Child Protection Policy Statement
We the Little Red Kettle Theatre Company are committed to a child-centred approach to our work with children and young people. We undertake to provide a safe environment and experience, where the welfare of the child/young person is paramount. We will adhere to the recommendations of Children First: National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children, published by the Department of Health and Children.
We have implemented procedures covering:
- Code of behaviour for all staff
- Reporting of suspected or disclosed abuse
- Recruitment, training, and selecting staff
- Managing and supervising staff
- Involvement of primary carers
- Allegations of misconduct or abuse by staff
- Complaints and comments
- Incidents and accidents
Where we work with children through an external organisation (e.g., school, community group) that has the direct contact with the primary carer our child protection policy will be implemented in cooperation with or through that organisation, where appropriate.
Note: ALL Little Red Kettle employees have been Garda Vetted and cleared.
Please note the following:
· It is our policy to have at least two responsible adults present whenever we work with children. Where we work with an external organisation, we ask that at least one appropriate member of their staff (e.g., teacher, leader) be included.
· We may take photographs or video recordings for the purposes of publicity, broadcast, and/or record-keeping.
· The work we do sometimes involve physical contact such as might occur while playing a sport or playground game.
· VERY IMPORTANT: When we bring our plays to schools, it is necessary to have a teacher or assistant backstage with us during the performance. This is to aid performers and safety.
If the primary carer, participant, or external organisation is uncomfortable with any aspect of our Child Protection Policy Statement or would like further information, please contact the Acting Director of Programmes, Dee Jacques, 087 7647813. A full copy of the Child Protection Policy is available to view at the Little Red Kettle Office, 5 O'Connell Street, Waterford
This policy was reviewed on 09.11.2016
It will be reviewed again on 12.09.2017
Designated Person: Dee Jacques, Acting Director of Programmes for Little Red Kettle